Monday, June 12, 2006

My teachers

Two dear friends are on separate Buddhist journeys at the moment. I'm receiving delightfully newsy group emails from Jo who spent a few days in New York on her way to the (Shambhala) royal wedding in Halifax, Nova Scotia. It's lucky she writes such juicy missives because I'm missing her terribly. I can't wait to get the wedding report and its sidebar-about having lunch with my Aunt Laura who's also in Halifax for the wedding.

Another friend, Eleanor, is writing a blog called Gaijin Henro (foreign pilgrim) about her trip to Japan to do the Shikoku 88 Temple Pilgrimage. It is a seat of the pants adventure that has me laughing and crying. She writes about it with humour and humility worthy of the buddhist nun she looks like. This is a exciting and enlightening blog several cuts above anything else I have come across in the blogosphere. It's too good to be a blog really, and my only complaint is that the blogger format requires scrolling up from the bottom which is a slight hassle- but worth it, to follow E's pilgrimage installment by compelling installment.

Photo of the royal couple: Sakyong Mipham Rinpoche and Princess Tseyang Palmo.
(CP /HO/Peter Seidler)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How exciting!