Sunday, May 29, 2005

Hi Mum and Dad!

I know my parents read my blog, and I suspect that they use it as fodder for kvelling (talking me up) to any poor soul who makes the mistake of looking remotely interested. But I hadn't realised the full extent of their enthusiasm until a recent phone call.

My dad let slip something about a "Notebook" and then revealed they they print out every posting ("sometimes even in colour") and store it in the Notebook. But why print them out? I asked. "Who can read anything on screen?" "Oy vey, another tree sacrificed for my ego", I thought, torn between squirming embarrassment at how uncool it is to have parents who print out your blog and relief that someone else is taking care of hardcopy back up for me, should Blogger ever go down for good and take Bibliophilia with it.

Anyway, this one's for my biggest life-long fans... thanks mum and dad.

1 comment:

zydeco fish said...

I thank god daily that my parents do not read my blog. In fact, I'd wager that they have no idea what a blog is.